Colonel Rodni Lazovski
Colonel Rodni Mencho Lazovski was born in Sveti Nikole. He finishes his secondary education in Sveti Nikole, where he obtains the title of legal technician. He begins his military education at the Military Academy of the Land Army in Belgrade and completes his studies at the General Mihailo Apostolski Military Academy in Skopje as an infantry officer. He completes the second cycle of studies – specialization in command and staff duties at the Military Academy in Skopje.
Colonel Lazovski begins his command duties becoming a commander of Kichevo Border Guards, after that he is a commander of Military Police Platoon in Bitola garrison and Military Police Squad in Skopje, acting commander of Military Police Battalion in Bitola, and a deputy commander of Border Training Battalion in the Border and Gender Training Support Service in Veles.
Staff duties he has so far performed are: Military Police Planning Officer at the Special Forces and Services Training Center in Skopje; Officer for Operations, Training and Inter-Army Cooperation at the Training Command in Veles, Protocol Planning Advisor in the Department of Protocol and Translation at the Ministry of Defense; Protocol advisor in the Department of Communication, Analytics and Operational Support at the Ministry of Defense, Personnel officer in the Joint Operational Command in Kumanovo, an Executive Officer of the Deputy Chief of General Staff and Chief of Staff to the Deputy Chief of General Staff.
He upgrades his military career and experience completing courses such as: Hostage Negotiation Course, United Nations Military Police Course, Military Disaster Relief Course, Captain Military Police Course – Advanced Officers Course, United States Military Observers, International Staff Officer Orientation Course, NATO Officers Staff Course, Civil Military Cooperation Course, and NATO and EU Security Cooperation Course.
Colonel Rodni Lazovski has contributed to the NATO-led operations in the “Decisive Support” peacekeeping mission in IR Afghanistan as a Training, Counseling and Assistance Officer in the Personnel Command of the Training, Counseling and Assistance Command-North.
- Border Training Platoon Commander, Kicevo, 1995;
- Military Police Platoon Commander, Bitola, 1995-2000;
- Acting Commander of 2nd Military Police Battalion, and Company Commander, Bitola, 1997;
- Military Police Company Commander, Skopje, 2000-2003;
- Military Police Planning Officer in Training Center for regular and special units, Skopje, 2003-2004;
- Border Training Battalion Deputy Commander in Border and Unit Training Support Service in Veles, 2004-2006;
- Officer for Operations, Training and Inter-Army Cooperation at G3 Training Command in Veles, 2006-2007;
- Protocol Planning Advisor in the Department of Protocol and Translation at the Ministry of Defense, Skopje, 2007-2012;
- Protocol advisor in the Department of Communication, Analytics and Operational Support at the Ministry of Defense, Skopje, 2012-2015;
- Joint Operational Command Personnel Officer, Kumanovo, 2015-2018;
- Executive Officer of the Deputy Chief of General Staff, Skopje, 2018-2019;
- Chief of Staff to the Deputy Chief of General Staff, Skopje, 2019;
- Second Lieutenant 1995;
- Lieutenant 1996;
- Captain 2000;
- Major 2007;
- Lieutenant Colonel 2011;
- Colonel 2021