According to the strategic defence review, the mission of the Centre for Electronic Reconnaissance (CEI) in peace and war is gathering intelligence through electronic reconnaissance of EMS designed for early warning and protection of the armed forces, as well as collecting data relevant to the safety and defence of the Republic.
Basic tasks arising from the mission of the unit are:
- Electronic support of the forces to effectively deploy the fighting force;
- Electronic support in securing facilities of importance for the defence;
- Electronic interference in the electromagnetic spectrum;
- Electronic protection of the forces;
- Electronic support of the cooperative defence actions in case of an attack on the Republic;
- Electronic support on the Army units when sent to missions outside the territory of the Republic.