Major General Azim Nuredin
Major General Azim Nuredin was born in 1969 in the village of Drevenik near Bitola. After graduating elementary school, at the age of 10, he moved to Resen. He started his military education at the Military High School in Belgrade, continuing at the Military Academy for Land Forces in Belgrade and graduating his senior year at the Military Academy “General Mihajlo Apostolski” in Skopje. He started his military career after graduating at the Military Academy when the Army was founded as platoon commander in the Strumica Garrison. He has been appointed to many command and staff posts during his career, including Adjutant to the Supreme Commander of the Army. On the 18th of August 2018, the President appointed him as Deputy Chief of General Staff of the Army by a Decree.
He continued his education with Master studies at the Command and Staff Academy within the Military Academy “General Mihajlo Apostolski” in Skopje and at the National Defence School within the Military Academy and Armed Forces Command in Istanbul, Turkey. He has completed many courses on NATO training in-country and abroad, English and Turkish language course, a course on public relations, a course on state border security and etc. He has taken part in conferences and seminars on defence and security in-country and abroad, including military exercises with the Special Forces and the Armed Forces. In 2014 he served as a Senior representative in the ISAF peacekeeping mission. He has been awarded and commended many times during his career. He can speak English and Turkish. He is married and has two children.
- Platoon Commander, Strumica, 1994-1996;
- Security Officer to the Supreme Commander, Skopje 1996-1998;
- Platoon Commander / Deputy Company Commander, Petrovec, 1998-1999;
- Platoon Commander / Deputy Company Commander, Bitola, 1999-2000;
- Watch Tower Commander, Strezimir, 2000-2002;
- Border Company Commander, Ohrid 2002-2003;
- Company Commander to Basic NCO Course, Veles, 2003-2004;
- Border Company Commander, Ohrid, 2004-2006;
- Commander of 2MIBn and Commander of Ohrid Garrison, 2006-2011; ;
- Commander of 2MIBn and Commander of Kichevo Garrison, 2011-2012;
- Chief of Staff in the Special Operations Regiment – SOR, Skopje, 2012-2015;
- Adjutant to the President, Skopje, 2015;
- Chief of Staff in the Joint Operations Command – JOC, Kumanovo, 2015-2018;
- Currently, Deputy Chief of General Staff of the Army of the Republic of North Macedonia, since 2018.
- 2nd Lieutenant 1994;
- Lieutenant 1995;
- Captain 1999;
- Major 2004;
- Lieutenant Colonel 2008;
- Colonel 2012;
- Brigadier General 2015;
- Major General 2018.
Medals and awards:
- Medal for ISAF peacekeeping mission participation;
- Bronze pin for long service;
- Golden pin of the Army;
- Silver pin of the Army;
- Silver pin for long service;
- Golden pin of the Army for partnership, coordination and cooperation;
- Large plaque of the Army;
- Small plaque of the Army.