To manage the ARM personnel in peace and war time, to perform analysis and implement the legislatives and regulations, to conduct selection and instruction of the personnel during the service, to take care of the morale and the state of the ARM personnel.
J-1 is an organizational unit of the General Staff which implements the Personnel management in the ARM and performs the following tasks:
- It plans, runs and implements the system of selection, promotion and instructing of the personnel.
- Professionally manages officers, NCOs, professional soldiers and civilians in the ARM.
- Plans and implements the programs for professional development, military schooling, military education in the country and abroad.
- Analyzes and posts personnel according to the priorities for filling of the units and their readiness.
- It develops and implements programs in the field of social security.
- It performs valuation and analysis of the morale and the state of the personnel and takes actions for the improvement of the same through adequate measures and procedures.
- It develops and implements programs in the field of cultural and recreational activities.
It plans and performs the archival work in the General Staff of the ARM, and for that purpose it receives, records and distributes the entirely arrived post – acts at the GS of the ARM.
- It has a close cooperation with all G-organizations for more efficient performance of the duties which are closely related to G-1.
- In fulfilling its functions it entirely follows the Defense Act, Act for military service in the ARM, Industrial. Relations Act, Law on Pension and Disability Insurance, as well as other laws and bylaws which regulate the defense of the RM.
Colonel Darko Kochovski
Colonel Darko Kochovski was born in 1979 in Tudence, Tetovo. He completed his secondary education in the high school “Kiril Pejchinovikj” in Tetovo in 1998. After finishing high school, he enrolled at the Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” at the “Ss. Cyril and Methodius” University in Skopje, where he graduated in 2002. In 2003, he enrolled on the professional training course for officers serving in the Army. After completing the course, he began his military career in the Army as an officer in the legal service in the General Staff of the Army. In 2013, he received the academic title Master in Law Studies at the “European University” in Skopje. During his career, he has completed several courses, such as the Course on International Humanitarian Law, Operational Law and Military Legal Advisors in Austria in 2004-2005, Military Law Development Program in the USA in 2007, International Law on Military Operations in the USA in 2010, Legal Aspects of Defence Support to Civilian Institutions in the USA in 2014, Law on Armed Conflict in Turkey in 2014, NATO Legal Advisor Course in Germany in 2015, Personnel Management Course (MPT&E) in the USA in 2019. He has participated in many military exercises, as well as in the process of planning the military exercises. He participated twice in the peacekeeping operation “ALTHEA” in Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2009 and 2011 as an assistant to the legal advisor of the EUFOR commander. During his career, he served as a legal affairs officer in the General Staff of the Army, in the 1st Infantry Brigade, and Chief of the Legal Department in J-1 of the General Staff.
- Lieutenant 2004
- Captain 2007
- Major 2012
- Lieutenant Colonel 2016
- Colonel 2021
- Human Resource Management Section;
- Section for Professional Development, Planning and Analysis;
- Legal Affairs Section and
- Quality of Life and Morale Section.