To manage the ARM personnel in peace and war time, to perform analysis and implement the legislatives and regulations, to conduct selection and instruction of the personnel during the service, to take care of the morale and the state of the ARM personnel.
J-1 is an organizational unit of the General Staff which implements the Personnel management in the ARM and performs the following tasks:
- It plans, runs and implements the system of selection, promotion and instructing of the personnel.
- Professionally manages officers, NCOs, professional soldiers and civilians in the ARM.
- Plans and implements the programs for professional development, military schooling, military education in the country and abroad.
- Analyzes and posts personnel according to the priorities for filling of the units and their readiness.
- It develops and implements programs in the field of social security.
- It performs valuation and analysis of the morale and the state of the personnel and takes actions for the improvement of the same through adequate measures and procedures.
- It develops and implements programs in the field of cultural and recreational activities.
It plans and performs the archival work in the General Staff of the ARM, and for that purpose it receives, records and distributes the entirely arrived post – acts at the GS of the ARM.
- It has a close cooperation with all G-organizations for more efficient performance of the duties which are closely related to G-1.
- In fulfilling its functions it entirely follows the Defense Act, Act for military service in the ARM, Industrial. Relations Act, Law on Pension and Disability Insurance, as well as other laws and bylaws which regulate the defense of the RM.
Colonel Marjanche Spasov
Colonel Marjanche Spasov was born on 25.08.1972, in Shtip. After finishing elementary school in Shtip in 1987, he continues his military education in Belgrade, at the Military Gymnasium, and in 1991 at the Military Academy of the Land Army in Belgrade. He finishes his military education graduating at the Military Academy General Mihajlo Apostolski in Skopje in 1996and starts his military career as an Infantry Platoon Commander in the garrison in Strumica.
He has performed many command and staff duties at battalion, brigade, operational command level, as well as at the GS of the Army, and starting in 2020 he was appointed as Chief of J-1 Section, Personnel Management at the GS.
He has completed various courses and seminars in the area of management of human resources and planning and during his career he has participated in international military exercises in the country and abroad. He has actively participated in projects for designing and enacting strategic documents in the field of human resources in defense.
He has participated in two peacekeeping missions in I.R. of Afghanistan.
In relation to upgrading his military education, he successfully finished the Command and Staff Duties college in the USA Army in 2011. He has been commended and rewarded many times by superior officers and the MOD.
He actively uses English.
He is married and a father of one.
- Platoon Commander, 1996 – 1997;
- Observation Post Commander 1997 – 1998;
- Officer for Security of the President of R. Macedonia, од 1998 -2000;
- Deputy Company Commander, од 2000 – 2001;
- Infantry Company Commander, 2001 – 2005;
- Operations Officer, од 2005 -2006;
- Personnel Affairs Officer, in a brigade, 2006 – 2009;
- Chief of S-1, in a brigade, 2009 – 2012;
- Deputy Commander – Chief of Staff, in a battalion, 2012 – 2016;
- Chief of Department for personnel management in JOC, 2016 – 2019;
- Planning and analysis Officer in J-1/GS, 2019;
- Chief of Planning and Analysis Department and Coordinator for NATO declared capabilities, in J-1/GS, од 2019 – 2020;
- Chief of J-1/GS of the Army, 2020.
Second Lieutenant – 1996,
Lieutenant – 1997,
Captain – 2001,
Major – 2009,
Lieutenant Colonel – 2014,
Colonel – 2020.
- Human Resource Management Section;
- Section for Professional Development, Planning and Analysis;
- Legal Affairs Section and
- Quality of Life and Morale Section.